Follow this step-by-step guide on
Backing up your Farcaster Recovery Phrase.
- Keep your X1 Vault and four X1 Cards handy.
- Connect your X1 Vault to your computer using the provided cable.
Creating Recovery Phrase Backup
- In X1 Vault Main Menu, Click Create Wallet > Restore from Seed.
- Name the Wallet Note: Cypherock X1 let’s you create upto four unique wallets, each with completely separate keys.
- Select Seed length - 12 Words
- Input desired PIN Note: Setting up a strong PIN is highly recommended for all your wallets. Make sure to backup your PINs, forgetting PINs can lead to permanent loss of funds.
- Enter Farcaster Recovery Phrase
- Verify Recovery Phrase Recovery Phrase verification is needed only for your personal verification before you sync your wallet with X1 Vault and X1 Cards.
- Sequentially tap all your X1 Cards onto your X1 Vault to generate backup on X1.
- Redo the previous step in order to verify wallet backup onto X1.
Viewing Recovery Phrase Backup
- In X1 Vault Main Menu, Click on your Farcaster Wallet > View Seed.
Tap on any one of the four X1 Cards to re-construct your Recovery Phrase.
Enjoy using Farcaster without the stress of ever losing your identity on the protocol!